An Averted Greek Tragedy

May 2018

We had the greatest scare of our lives a couple of days back. We were nicely holidaying in one of the islands in greece – Naxos..spent the afternoon at the beach and then swam in the hotel pool and then while we were relaxing in the evening, Reyansh (age 4) inadvertently swallowed a 10 cent coin. As a pro coin-swallower in my own childhood, I promptly fed him bananas. But when he threw up, I panicked. We rushed to a local hospital where after taking some 4 xrays they located the coin in this throat, dangerously perched at the oesophagus’ entrance. They flew us down (reya and me) to Athens and got us admitted at one of the children’s hospital here. Sam (his mother) had to come the following day by boat. Reya had the most troubled sleep that night. He had to sit upright the entire night. I, on the other hand was trying to converse with the nurses who didnt understsnd a word of English.. but they were all very kind. The doctors were great and they removed the coin yesterday and have now discharged us. We have resumed our holiday now and getting ferried to Mykonos (another island). Reyansh as usual his naughty self and behaving as if nothing happened.

– Rahul Chaudhary

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s